We aim to create interventions which do not detract from the character of a building, working with the current fabric as much as possible. As an accredited RIAI Conservation Architect (Grade III), practice principal Declan McCabe offers expert skills in researching and analysing protected structures and buildings of historical significance, liaising with local authority conservation officers, and preparing Conservation Reports and Architectural Heritage Impact Assessments. All staff at McCabe Architects have expertise in traditional building techniques and specifications.
In addition to completing major conservation projects for clients, we also provide specialist consultancy services to other architectural practices.
What We Do - Grade III Accredited Conservation Architects
As a Grade III RIAI Accredited Conservation Architect, Declan McCabe of McCabe Architects Donegal offers additional expert advice and services throughout Ireland including:
Advise relating to:
- The repair, demolition or shoring of historic buildings.
- Conservation legalities and contractual agreements.
- Grants and funding available for conservation works.
- Examination of historia buildings and sites.
- Searches of records and historic archives.
- Diagnostic investigation of the causes of building decay.
- Designing and planning suitable extensions and/or alterations.
For more information on the services provided by conservation architects, visit the RIAI website.